How Can Accountants Help Your Business
Rede – Brisbane & Gold Coast Accountants
Business people understand their accountant each year prepares financial statements and tax returns for the business and their family. They probably also help with GST on a regular basis. However, your accountant can be a far more valuable resource than this. They have so much to offer, including many pro-active services you may be unaware of that can add value to your business. Contact our tax accountants in Northern Rivers.
What are some of these pro-active services?
1. Your accountant can prepare different types of business budgets. There are many types of budgets that can assist a business with its future planning and meeting business goals. Some of the budgets include cash flow budgets, profit budgets and sales budget. Without planning, you have no goals to aim for. If you aim for nothing you may well achieve nothing in your business!!
2. Is your business structured in such a way as to minimize income tax obligations and at the same provide maximum asset protection from potential creditors and financiers? Your accountant has extensive experience in these matters and can work closely with your legal advisor.
3. Does your business function efficiently? Is it time for a fresh unbiased pair of eyes to review your business operations and their financial viability? Your accountant is experienced in business reviews and strategic planning.
4. Do you need regular management information and reporting systems to give much needed business performance information? For example, have you ever considered establishing basic key performance indicators for your business? How can you establish these KPI’s and continually monitor them in the future? Have you ever considered benchmarking your business with other operators in your industry? Your Brisbane & Gold Coast accountants have the answers.
5. Do you need a business coach or just someone to bounce business ideas off? Your accountant has seen many small business operations during their career and can act as an objective observer. Sometimes you are to close to the business to ‘see the woods for the trees’ so that you may miss the big picture. You may also be very emotional about every aspect of your business. An impartial observer is vital.
6. Is your business struggling to pay its bills on time? Are you looking for a turnaround solution for your business but don’t know how? Your accountant is experienced in providing business turnaround solutions.
7. Risk assessment of your business. Are your personal assets protected from potential creditors and financiers? What happens if you were badly injured or even killed in a car accident tomorrow? Would the business survive and what about your family and finances? Have you purchased life insurance, income protection and trauma covers? Have you a will or a power of attorney? Your accountant is able to identify these risks and can work closely with your legal advisor and financial planner in these matters.
8. Business sale and acquisition. Your accountant is experienced in providing objective business valuations as well as conducting due diligence for potential business acquisitions and sales.
9. Do you need help with obtaining finance from your banker? Your Brisbane & Gold Coast accountants have assisted many finance applications. Bankers tend to place greater weight on accountant assisted finance applications
Make an appointment with your business accountant Brisbane & Gold Coast accountants today and find out what they offer to help drive your business forward. They are much more than a ‘bean counter’
Book a FREE consultation with Rede Brisbane & Gold Coast accountants online here or by calling 1300 399 599.