Gold Coast & Brisbane Accountants
Rede Newsletter May 2017
May 2017 – another financial year almost at an end. ATO deadlines and tax planning and business planning and health checks fill our days. Then we have also had our share of ATO reviews and audits – an unwelcome distraction! (Maybe review your need for Accountancy Audit Insurance).
This months news has a great article on Capital Gains Tax.
– Subdividing the family property, a common scenario these days so it may give you a guide if you have contemplated this?
Then a quick update on GST
– Selling your business and the going concern exemption
A couple of articles on tax deductions in relation to:
– Personal carer travel for an employee
– Business costs and interest deductibility
The latest budget brought in a retrospective change to the definition of small business entity for companies
– this article touches on the franking dividend implications.
Feel free to contact us to meet and discuss your plans for the future.