Finding a Good Financial Planner
Financial planners are doing it tough as their value is being questioned more than ever.
Nonetheless, they are not all the same and it’s important to find a good financial planner.
- An advisor is upfront about costs
- No pressure to do anything you’re unsure about
- Takes time to understand your full situation
- Member of a professional organisation such as the FPA
- Being pushed into particular products
- Pressured into acting quickly
- Suggests get-rich-quick strategies
- High-risk investments recommendations even if you don’t like taking risks
What the negative publicity around the Royal Commission has missed is that the vast majority of clients benefit from quality advice. Many people believe the advice given to them provides peace of mind and help them better prepare for retirement.
Courtesy Anthony Keane News Ltd
If you have any further questions about financial planning or require any other accounting advice, please contact us here.